Help Required for Auckland to Tauranga
Can you help?
It is only 3 months approx. until the Farmer Autovillage Auckland to Tauranga Centennial Yacht Race will be held on Fri 26th Sat 27th & Sun 28th of March 2021.
This race weekend is 1 weekend after the America's Cup final and 1 weekend before Easter when our Centennial celebrations will be held.
This is a very significant and special milestone in the club’s history and we are calling on all our members who are not participating in the race, to be a helping volunteer in the different tasks needing to be done around the TYPBC, prior, during and after the event to allow it to run smoothly.
The tasks that we will need assistance with are.
1. Clubhouse pre-race team. Preparing the welcome packs for the race entrants with sponsors products, rum & hot cross buns.
2. Tower VHF roster teams, responsible to Bill Whitiskie our Senior Race Officer, working in 3 to 4 hour shifts throughout the race.
3. Finish Boat roster, working as a team, in 4 to 6 hour shifts, recording finish times at A Beacon off Tauranga Harbour entrance and communicating them to the Tower.
4. Welcoming RIB crews, responsible to Warren Belk, taking welcome packs to each finishing yacht and directing them to the berths allocated for them. Single-handed entrants will need assistance berthing and capable crew will be put aboard to assist these competitors get their sails down and safely moored.
5. Shore crews working in conjunction with welcome crews, assisting our other visiting yachts to tie up safely in their allocated berth in both Marinas. This group will need torches and be familiar with the marina layouts.
6. Courtesy van drivers will be needed to ferry crew members from the Bridge Marina to the TYPBC and possibly to town in a Farmer Autovillage van.
7. Website progress reports person who could also keep the whiteboard up to date with the official mark rounding times.
8. Finish time data entry person for entering data into the TYPBC computer person utilising club software. Need to be familiar with this program.
There may well be other jobs going that I haven’t thought of yet but as valued members of the TYPBC, please come forward and help in the running of this prestigious event, if you can.
Please call (07 578 5512) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) Lynne Whitaker at the office or Roger Rushton (0274 714 715) and let us know how you can help.